Monday, November 5, 2012

Introducing Parker Pratka

On Tuesday October 23rd I went in for my 39 week check up. When we got to the doctor my blood pressure was through the roof. I started having very high blood pressure the last month of my pregnancy and was very swollen.

My doctor came in and checked everything, and suprisingly I was dilated to a 3 and 100% thinned out. He was alarmed by my blood pressure so he asked us what would be a good date to think about inducing? I was feeling fine so I said I didn't care...as long as it was in October. My original due date was October 27th. He told us he was going to check the hospital schedule and would be back with an induction date.

After about ten minutes he came back in and said how about an October 24th baby? I was shocked. I said, "Oh my...that's tomorrow!" He said, "Yep, can you be here at 7:30 in the morning and we will get ya checked in and get things going!" I was so nervous....excited but nervous!!

Cody and I left and made a few calls to our friends, family and work and then we headed over to Cheddars for our last dinner date as a single couple! We got home and got the house picked up and everything loaded up and I didn't sleep a wink!

We got to the hospital the next morning and were in our room by 8:30. Cody and his mom went to the cafeteria to eat breakfast around 9:30 and my mom wondered off to somewhere and our doctor came in and broke my water to get things started. I was feeling ok...just hanging out watching HGTV. Haha.

The nurse kept coming in asking if I was ready for my epidural and I kept holding out...I finally got to a 5 and said I would go ahead and get it. I'm so glad I didn't wait much longer because the epidural wasn't working and I could still feel every contraction at a 7! It was pretty painful and I was in tears so they had to increade my dose.

I remember laying there chatting with my good friend Jennifer when my nurse walked in and said do you feel like you need to push yet and I replied, "I don't feel anything!" She checked me and I was dilated to a 10 so they cleared out my room. It was just Cody and me.

I thought this chicky was never going to come. She wasn't making much progress. After pushing for an hour and a half my doctor came in and had to use the forceps and pull her.

Parker Monroe was born on October 24th at 4:00 p.m. She weighed 6.12lbs and was 20 inches long. We are so smitten!

I lost a lot of blood and wasn't doing well at all so they ended up keeping us for an extra night. My labor and delivery experience was wonderful. I had the best nurse ever! She was amazing! The recovery end of it was awful...they were so busy and I was in so much pain. I felt like I got put on the back burner and nobody was very helpful for the rest of our hospital stay. Despite it all...we are so in love and are enjoying every minute with her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment